Thanks to the recently debuted Kamloops Project, I was able to discover how this city experienced February 29th, our extra leap day this year.
Here for some of my favourites:
- Allan Chan’s thespian fingers.
- Bob Lewis’ Juniper Ridge sunset.
- Ron Kerpan’s carvings.
- Bruno Mazzotta’s stirring narrative.
- CFJC TV’s futuristic control room.
- Christine Lee’s library-chic workspace.
- Terra Restaurant’s jam jar cheesecakes.
- Dennis Oomen’s preservation of Kamloops First Nations history.
- Ed Windsor’s funnel cake (which transformed me into a green-eyed monster)
- Gerry McRae’s surreal agenda.
- Jim Hepburn’s KDN steampunk boiler.
- Joy Gothard and her Mum celebrating Mardi Gras.
- Kami the Fish - see through his eyes! (photographed with water-proof camera)
- Mel Rothenburger’s conjuring of a magical mirror orb as John DeCicco looks on.
- Michael Saat’s science fiction city-scape.
- Royal Inland Hospital Kitchen gave us a glimpse into operations feeding RIH, Hillside Centre, Ponderosa Lodge, and Meals on Wheels.
Ann-Marie Pankratz and her friend Sophie, who is a Picardy Spaniel.
Now I’m inspired, too, to go through and pick favorites! I’ve only made it through 8 pages so far of this amazing city project that got so many locals to contribute.